For D we have one of the most interesting craft. I remember making it during my school days. We used to color them and decorate our desks and classroom. I asked Eira what would she like to do with her doll chain and she decided to dress up and accessorize them. It turned out to be a very interesting activity.
So let’s see how to make a doll chain.
White chart paper
Colored craft paper for dresses
Black/brown craft paper for doll’s hair
Sequins, stars, buttons whatever a child would like for accessorizing
Let’s get started
1. Use white chart paper to make the doll chain. We have to make a accordion pleats with it. Make sure the breadth is good enough to draw dolls on them.
2. Draw dolls on the side which has cut edge of the folded paper on the right.
Now hold the pleats altogether carefully and cut it. Do not cut along the folds.
3. Unfold the cutout and see the wonderful paper doll chain that you’ve made.
4. Design and cut some dresses for the dolls out of colored paper. Add sequins, buttons, stars as you like.
5. Make some hairstyles on brown paper and cut them and add it to your dolls as well. You can even use black paper for hair.
6. Use crayons for making facial features and coloring shoes.
Your Paper Doll Chain is ready. Use them to play or decorate your child’s room.
You can design a chain of hearts, flowers, dinosaurs, cars or even spaceships in the same way. Keep the creativity flowing as per your child’s interests.
We have made a quick video while Eira was making her doll chain.
Hope you like it!
This post is part of Blogchatter‘s challenge #BlogchatterA2Z.
2 thoughts on “D For Doll Chain – Get Crafty #BlogchatterA2Z”
I used to collect paper dolls when i was young. I had around a hundred of them and I used to dress them up in different clothes. This paper doll chain looks interesting. Looking forward to more of your posts.
If you’re interested in classic poetry, please do visit my blog: deepties.blogspot.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow! A 100 of them sounds so fascinating.