Yarn monster is an incredible activity including cutting, coloring, sticking and threading. It is an ideas activity for preschoolers as well as early schoolers and works on many skills. You child can create some really scary monsters or some silly ones.
You can hang these monsters in your child’s room or even add them to their puppet collection.
Brown cardbord from an old packing box
Some colorful yarn
Pencil and eraser
Let’s get started
1. Cutout a circle for the monster face from the old box. We used an old Amazon box for it. Your child can even choose to make a different shape for the monster face.
2. Make the horns, eyes & mouth for the monster on white paper and color them. Cut them out and keep them aside.
3. Make some slits around the edge of the cardbord circle.
4. Start wrapping the yarn on it. Secure the yarn on one slit and then keep going across all the slits back and forth covering all the slits. We have used two colored yarns, red and yellow. You can choose to use just one color or more than two as well.
5. Once done wrapping, make sure to tie the end of the yarn and secure them so that they do not loosen up.
6. Now glue the horns, eyes and mouth onto the face.
Your Yarn monster is ready.
You can make more than one of these monsters and create a monster family.
We have made a quick video while Eira was creating her yarn monster.
Hope you enjoy it!
This post is part of Blogchatter‘s challenge #BlogchatterA2Z.