Zentangle art is an easy and fun way to learn to create beautiful structured patterns. These patterns are called tangles and they are made with combinations of lines, dots, curves, S-curves and orbs. Zentangle is an art therapy practice to help enhance relaxation and focus.
Zentangle art can be done with outline or even without them. The best part is that it doesn’t have to be complicated to be beautiful.
Pencil and eraser
Black tip pen used for coloring
Let’s get started
1. Place the drawing paper horizontally and draw different sized hearts.
2. Make sure the hearts are big enough to draw patterns in them. It’s best to draw eveythung with pencil first, just in case you need to erase and correct them.
3. Draw intersecting lines inside the hearts to make sections. Straight lines as well as curves can be drawn for the same.
4. Now draw different patterns in each section. You may go through some zengtangle patterns available online or just create some of your own. Words can also be a part of the patterns as children can always relate the word “love” with hearts. Eira actually decided to write love in the hearts as patterns.
5. If your child has made the whole art with pencil than now it’s time to use the Black pen or thin marker to overwrite and complete the art.
Your Zentangle art is ready!
It’s a super easy and relaxing art that not only children but even adults can try!
Hope you enjoy it!
This post is part of Blogchatter’s challenge #BlogchatterA2Z.