In my earlier blog, I wrote about 20 Ways To Use The Power Of Touch That Can Help Your Child Thrive. But its not only children that can benefit from the power of touch.
Hugging your closed ones makes your relationship better. We all know this for a fact! Neuro-economist Paul Zak, also known as “Dr. Love,” recommends at least eight hugs a day to be happier and enjoy better relationships. Think about all the joy that you give your loved ones with each hug and the immense good feelings that you get. But did you know that hugs not only make us happy but also healthy in a physical, emotional and mental way. There are many known facts and treatments which include hugs as a part of the treatment or therapy.
Let’s see how these hugs concentrated with love and compassion can benefit us
- A hug releases the hormone oxytocin, also known as the ‘love hormone’ which is a neurotransmitter to the brain.
- Hugs keep blood pressure in control
- Hugs lower the levels of stress hormone called cortisol
- Hugs lower the risk of heart diseases
- Hugs reduce stress naturally
- Hugs help fight fatigue
- Hugs fight Infection.
- Hugs ease depression
- Hugs boosts immune system
- Hugs have a positive impact on the human psyche
- Hugs make you emotionally better and strong
- A full body hug stimulates the nervous system increasing self-esteem
- Hugs also relieve pain. Doubt it? What do you do when your neck hurts? Get a neck rub 6which releases oxytocin and decreases the pain. Amazing right!
- Hugs reduce social anxiety and inspires positive thinking
- Hugging babies make them well-adjusted adults
- Getting more hugs makes you a more mindful person
- Hugs minimize fears giving the confidence of having someone loving very close
- Hugs deepen your emotional bonds and relationships
- Hugs help in controlling temper
- Kids or adults, hugs make everyone happy.
Psychotherapist Virginia Satir also said, “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance and we need 12 hugs a day for growth.”
So what are you waiting for? Go and get yourself a hug right away and enjoy these benefits.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s MyFriendAlexa.