Zentangle art is an easy and fun way to learn to create beautiful structured patterns. These patterns are called tangles and they are made with combinations of lines, dots, curves, S-curves and orbs. Zentangle is an art therapy practice to help enhance relaxation and focus.
Zentangle art can be done with outline or even without them. The best part is that it doesn’t have to be complicated to be beautiful.
Supplies Drawing paper Pencil and eraser Black tip pen used for coloring
Let’s get started
1. Place the drawing paper horizontally and draw different sized hearts.
2. Make sure the hearts are big enough to draw patterns in them. It’s best to draw eveythung with pencil first, just in case you need to erase and correct them.
3. Draw intersecting lines inside the hearts to make sections. Straight lines as well as curves can be drawn for the same.
4. Now draw different patterns in each section. You may go through some zengtangle patterns available online or just create some of your own. Words can also be a part of the patterns as children can always relate the word “love” with hearts. Eira actually decided to write love in the hearts as patterns.
5. If your child has made the whole art with pencil than now it’s time to use the Black pen or thin marker to overwrite and complete the art.
Your Zentangle art is ready!
It’s a super easy and relaxing art that not only children but even adults can try!
Hope you enjoy it!
This post is part of Blogchatter’s challenge #BlogchatterA2Z.
Now this is no ordinary cat. It was designed by the the famous Laurel Burch. One of her masterpieces which are printed on earrings, clothes, journals and in today’s times even on masks. Laurel Burch was an American artist, designer and businesswoman.
She used to design jewellery and sell it on the streets of San Francisco. Her designs were unique so some local stores started selling her jewellery too. Later she ended up going to China and there she came across the art of “cloisonne” which involves enamel work. She mastered it and made paintings and designed earrings using it. Later, she founded her own manufacturing company called Laurel Burch Inc.
Today we are going to try our hands on some of her fascinating work.
Supplies A4 paper Oil pastels Pencil and eraser
Let’s get started 1. Draw the Burch Cat 2. Outline the drawing. 3. Butch’s cat has square features on them. You can decide to make circles of triangles or spirals or a mix of it all. I leave all this with Eira and let her go along with her choices. 4. Choose multiple colors on the cat that will compliment each other and most importantly bring out the eyes. 5. Use an off colored background to make the art pop out. Eira has used a fluorescent yellow and that made it look wonderful.
Your Laurel Burch Cat is ready!
The colors used in this art are extraordinary and that’s what keeps the kids interested. Bright hues make it look so attractive.
We have made a quick video while Eira was making the Burch Cat.
Hope you enjoy it!
This blog is a part of Blogchatter‘s challenge #BlogchatterA2Z.